Located on the shores of Lake Washington, the Inglewood-Finn Hill neighborhood has one of the higher rankings found on AreaVibes.com with a A+ for amenities, an A- for housing (the median home value
Find Out Where Your Town Name Came From
Woodinville: Woodinville is named for a family, the Woodins, who settled the area in 1871. Ira Woodin and his wife Susan moved from Seattle and traveled up the Sammamish River to build a cabin, log timber and farm cattle. A town gradually built up around the cabin, which served as its first school and post office, with Susan Woodin as Postmaster. Woodin and his son-in-law Thomas Sanders set up the first general store. Search for Woodinville homes for sale below:
Bothell: Similar to nearby Woodinville, Bothell is also named for an early inhabitant. In 1876, Canadian George Brackett bought land and began commercial logging out of a camp located on the north bank of the Sammamish River in what is now the heart of downtown Bothell. In 1885, Brackett sold 80 acres to David Bothell, a settler from Pennsylvania. The town's first postmaster, who bought his property from Bothell, named the town in his honor in 1888. Bothell was officially incorporated on April 14, 1909. Search for Bothell homes for sale below:
Mountlake Terrace: The area was mostly small farms and forest in the late 19th and early 20th century. Then a portion of the area was used by the United States government during World War II as a landing strip. At the end of the war, the government ceased operation of the airfield. In 1949, developers Albert LaPierre and Jack Peterson bought the abandoned airstrip and began constructing cinder-block houses. They named their development "Mountlake Terrace" because from some parts of the property they could see both Mount Rainier and Lake Washington, and the old runway looked a little like a terrace. Search for Mountlake Terrance home below:
Redmond: The first European settlers arrived in the 1870s. Luke McRedmond filed a Homestead Act claim for land next to the Sammamish Slough on September 9, 1870, and the following year Warren Perrigo took up land adjacent to him. The rivers and streams had so many salmon that the settlement was initially named Salmonberg. More settlers came, and with the establishment of the first post office in 1881, the name of the community was changed to Melrose. The new name was taken from the Perrigos' successful inn, Melrose House, which upset McRedmond. After becoming postmaster, he successfully petitioned to have the name changed to Redmond in 1883. Search for Redmond homes for sale below:
~Married with 2 children ~Turned grey prematurely ~Fetish for all things Apple ~Urban chicken farmer ~Enology (wine making) student @ WSU ~14+ years of Real experience “Here at TeamTroy we h....