Located on the shores of Lake Washington, the Inglewood-Finn Hill neighborhood has one of the higher rankings found on AreaVibes.com with a A+ for amenities, an A- for housing (the median home value
How To Increase Curb Appeal Year Round
What is curb appeal? This refers to the attractiveness of the exterior of your property when it is seen “from the curb.” The idea is that your house looks neat and well-maintained by those who may be driving by or walking by. The exterior is also the first and last thing a potential buyer is going to see, so it is important that it leaves a good lasting impression.While the winter season can make it tough to brighten up the exterior of your home, there are still a few easy strategies that you can do to make your house have more curb appeal.
- Siding: If you have wood siding, inspect it for any peeling paint and repaint it if needed. New paint can go a long way towards making your home look fresh and clean.
- Remove ornaments: Sure, your Halloween scarecrow, twinkle Christmas lights, and yard gnomes may be festive and fun, but they can turn off a potential buyer because they are too personal. A neat and tidy yard leaves the impression of a well-maintained property. A single floral wreath or a few potted plants on the stoop many be a nice touch, as long as they are minimal and tasteful.
- Plantings: Clean out weeds in your yard as a first step. Even in winter, you can plant a few evergreen plants around the foundation or walkway to complement your house.
- Remove trash cans: Nothing can leave a worse impression than garbage. It is also a good idea to move other yard tools, such as hoses, wheelbarrows or other tools out of site.
- Make sure everything is clean: Clean your walkways of mold or mildew, power wash your decks or porches, and get your windows cleaned.
- Clear paths: In the event of snow, always be sure to clear a path so that potential buyers can easily make it to your front door.
- Use lighting: Since the days are so short during the winter season, highlighting a few features of your house using tasteful architectural up-lighting may be a way to draw attention to your property.
~Married with 2 children ~Turned grey prematurely ~Fetish for all things Apple ~Urban chicken farmer ~Enology (wine making) student @ WSU ~14+ years of Real experience “Here at TeamTroy we h....