There was time when the Totem Lake Mall was a thriving shopping center. Those days are gone and so is the mall. Although currently Totem Lake have rather average scores from Walkscore.com (just 48
Tips For A Safe Thanksgiving Holiday In Seattle
1. Cooking Fires: Thanksgiving would certainly seem to be a reasonably risk-free holiday. That is, unless you happen to know that cooking fires are more likely to happen on Thanksgiving than on any other day of the year. In recent years, cooking fires were involved in more than 1,000 reported home-structure fires annually on Thanksgiving, which is three times the national average. Be sure to avoid distracted cooking and make sure your oven and stovetops are clear of debris like dishtowels and paper towels.
2. Fryer Problems: Frying a Turkey can be so hazardous that some authorities recommend not even attempting it. If you must, always fry the turkey outdoors, clear of building materials that could burn. Fryers should only be used on flat surfaces and they should never be placed on wooden decks or in garages. Don’t leave a fryer unattended and carefully monitor the temperature of the oil.
3. Keep an eye on Fido: While it might seem tempting to give your dog a turkey leg, apparently vets see many dogs on Thanksgiving that have choked or ingested bones an actually require surgery.
4. Young Kids and Mischief: There will most likely be quite a few more people and distractions in the home over the holidays. Be sure that half-empty wine glasses and Uncle Ed’s special punch aren’t left around for them to sneak into. Alcohol poisoning among youngsters is especially common in the E.R. over the holidays. Also make sure relatives don’t leave medicines lying around in plain sight, they look like candies to small kids.
5. Road Safety: Always consider getting a taxi or a designated driver for holiday parties, and be especially vigilant on the roads when driving late at night.
~Married with 2 children ~Turned grey prematurely ~Fetish for all things Apple ~Urban chicken farmer ~Enology (wine making) student @ WSU ~14+ years of Real experience “Here at TeamTroy we h....